Job Fair Information
Mark your calendar! The next MERC job fair will be held on Friday, March 14, 2014.
We are interested in having you join the Maryland Public Schools workforce. Please be sure to visit any of the websites of our 24 school systems (see links below). From the beautiful mountains of Garrett County to the shores of Worcester County and a little bit of Maryland pleasant living in between, we are sure that you will want to live and teach in Maryland!
Please note that employment interviews may be available during the MERC event for select candidates but are not guaranteed. Individual school systems reserve the right to adjust interview schedules as needed. Visit the individual school system sites listed below to secure registration information unique to each school system.
If you register early by February 15, 2014, the fee is $10. After that date the registration fee will be $15. All registrations must be completed electronically prior to the event. There may be limited on-site registration on the day of the event. No cash registration will be accepted.
- Recruiters from all 24 school systems in Maryland to answer your questions about their district's programs and projected position openings
- Credential specialists to answer questions
- On-site interviews will be offered
- Maryland Teacher of the Year recipients to answer questions about why Maryland is a great place to teach
- Representatives from a variety of Maryland professional educational organizations to provide information about Maryland and Maryland's education system
Tips For Success
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times. Remember that you are on stage even as you stand in line or move about the interview area.
- Come prepared. Bring multiple copies of your credentials and other items listed above.
- Develop a plan of action which gives you confidence and sets you apart from the crowd.
- Keep yourself and your materials neat and streamlined; don't carry too much.
- If the interview line seems long, move along to another school district. You can always come back later.
- Respect other people's privacy as you approach the interview table, allowing them to complete their discussion.
- Establish eye contact, present a firm handshake, introduce yourself, and explain why you are interested in speaking with a recruiter.
- Dress appropriately. You want to be a professional, so you should present yourself as one.
- Be confident. Take an active part in your interview.
Why Teach In Maryland?
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- High quality support for new teacher induction
- Mentor teacher programs
- Strong curriculum
- Career-long professional development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Maryland Public Schools ranked number one in the nation
Maryland School Systems
Each school district is the respective county (23 in total) and Baltimore City. There is also a list of MSDE and the school districts and their website - please feel free to take a virtual visit of each school district and MSDE.